Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Marine Adam Brown killed in Afghanistan

It is with sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that Marine Adam Brown was killed in Afghanistan on Sunday 1 August 2010.

Marine Brown, of Alpha Company, 40 Commando Royal Marines, who was serving as part of Combined Force Sangin, died in an explosion as 3 Troop Alpha Company were conducting a local area reassurance patrol to provide security to the locals in the area.


Marine Adam Brown
Picture: via MOD


At approximately 1750hrs, there was an explosion in the vicinity of his Patrol Base and Marine Adam Brown was killed instantly in the blast.

Marine Brown’s family have paid the following tributes:

By Amy, Adam’s wife:

“My wonderful husband, my childhood sweetheart and best friend. Always a hero in my eyes and I am so proud of you. I will treasure the perfect memories I have of our life together, always.

“You are a true inspiration to all who knew you and you made me the proudest woman in the world when I became your wife. I love you now, always and forever.”

By Jenny and Robert, Adam’s parents:

“Adam, an irreplaceable son, but so much more; our best friend. Adam, you loved life as much as we loved you. We will think of you and love you always.

“You will be sorely missed by both your immediate and wider family. Your death has broken all our hearts.

Read the full story here

Add to FaceBookAdd to Twitter

4 comments:

  1. adam you were an amazing person and your passing has left all who had the pleasure to know you simply heartbroken..may you rest in peace and always know you are in our hearts.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P Hero, lost but not forgotten

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God give the family peace and comfort. We thankyou Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a son in Helmand right now. His name is Adam as well. God bless and keep you for all eternity in his heavenly home.

    ReplyDelete